Information for Afghans seeking protection in France
(Latest additions: in the points II.A, V & VI, the passages marked in bold)
Page completed according to the news.
We invite you to consult it regularly.
This page is intended to provide information for Afghans who want to seek asylum in France and for Afghans living in France who want to be joined by their families that are still in Afghanistan.
This page is designed for those people, relatives and activists assisting them.
- BEING EVACUATED FROM AFGHANISTAN AND COMING TO FRANCE
- FROM AFGHANISTAN
- FROM OTHER COUNTRIES: INDIA, IRAN...
[ Focus 2: The emergency units in other States ]
[ Focus 3: Immediate humanitarian assistance needed on the ground in Afghanistan? ]
[ Focus 4: You fear being targeted by the Taliban because of the views you have expressed online? ]
- APPLYING FOR A VISA FOR FRANCE
- WHICH FRENCH EMBASSY SHOULD YOU GO TO ?
- ACCESSING EMBASSIES ABROAD
- REGISTRATION YOUR VISA APPLICATION FOR FRANCE
- APPLYING FOR ASYLUM WHEN IN FRANCE
- USEFUL RESOURCES
- OPINIONS PIECES AND VARIOUS INITIATIVES
- PRESS ARTICLES
- SITUATION IN AFGHANISTAN
- INFORMATION ON NEIGHBOURING COUNTRIES
- PATH OF EXILE
- EUROPEAN UNION
The evacuations from the Kaboul airport organised by France have now ended.
The crisis cell (CDC) set up by the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs to register all the people that need to be evacuated, can now only be reached by email :
[ATTENTION: the mail must not weigh more than 10485760 bytes, i.e. 10MB, which means 8MB of attachments maximum. Do not hesitate to compress your attachments]
We strongly recommend that you keep a copy of all emails sent to and received from the crisis cell.
The crisis cell can no longer be reached by telephone. If you do call the (+33) 01 53 59 11 10 or (+33) 01 43 17 51 00, you will invited to consult the "service public" website.
For the specific case of Afghans already in France asking for a family reunification / reunion for family members still in Afghanistan (spouse and minor children), you will be asked to write an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
People who can ask to be evacuated:
- Priority  is given to:
- people who have worked with France: ex-auxiliaries, interpreters…
- people fearing persecution in Afghanistan for defending human rights, being engaged in civil society, artists and intellectuals
- Family members of Afghan nationals exiled in France are not guaranteed to be evacuated as they are not prioritised. They can still try to reach out to the crisis and support center.
In any case, it is imperative to send an e-mail with :
- For the people in Afghanistan that need to be evacuated: names, date of birth, passport number and identity card number (tazkira), telephone, email address.
- For the people helping from France : names, telephone, email address
- Fears of persecution for the person to be evacuated. For example :if the person has worked for France, for NGOs or media, if the person is part of an ethnic minority, if the person is a single woman, …
You should specify the person’s situation (for example: journalist, family of a refugee in France, ...) in the email subject.
You can attach any justification / proof attesting your story to your email.
Warning : you might receive an error email « message too large » if your files are too big. In that case, you can compress your files into a zip folder. If you do not receive an error message, the email has been sent.
You do not need to be the person that needs to be evacuated to contact the Crisis Center : volunteers, associations and families can call to declare the people that need to be evacuated.
Families of Afghans’ living in France are not prioritised by the Ministry of European Foreign Affairs for evacuations, and this is the case whatever the status of the person living in France is : refugee protection, subsidiary humanitarian protection, asylum seeker, any other residence card. Hence it is absolutely not guaranteed that your family will be evacuated and “relocated” to France.
However, the Ministry of European and Foreign Affairs has communicated that they will take into account all cases.
You need to send an email to : email@example.com
In the email, you need to mention :
- names, date of birth, telephone and email address of the person in France
- OFPRA status of the person in France (refugee, subsidiary humanitarian protection, other residence cards, asylum seeker)
- you should precise if you have already entered a family reunification procedure for your minor children or your spouse
- name, first name, date of birth, passport number, ID number (tazkira), telephone number and email address of the family in Afghanistan
- explanations on the family link between the person in France and their family in Afghanistan (spouse, children…)
- the situation of the family in Afghanistan and any specific risk of persecution / danger faced by them )
In the email subject, you should clearly specify the situation of the person to be evacuated. For example: evacuation of the spouse and the children of a refugee having started a reunification procedure”.
If you have started the family reunification procedure, you should specify it in the subject of them email.
You should attach to your email :
- For the afghan person in France: a copy of the residence card (ADA, récépissé, any residence card)
- For the family in Afghanistan: IDs or passports of your family members
- Documents establishing the family link (optional), for example: family record book, OFPRA documents
- If you had already entered a family reunification procedure, any proof could be useful: visa application deposit, the France-visas registration receipt, convocation by the French consular authorities
If you have want information on your pending family reunion or reunification application’s status, you can contact : firstname.lastname@example.org